Microsoft Windows SSH Setup
- Create a new folder c:bin
- Downloaded the following exe and dll files into c:bin
- Rename files
- Rename plink.exe to ssh.exe.
- Rename psftp.exe to sftp.exe
- Rename pscp.exe to scp.exe
- Include C:bin in your PATH
- The PATH variable in your environment specifies directories where executable programs may live.
- Right-click My Computer
- Left-click Properties
- Left-click the Advanced tab
- Left-click Environment Variables
- Edit the variable name PATH by prepending C:bin; to the current value
- You will need to restart any command prompts for this to take effect
- Use PuTTYgen to generate and store your key. I recommend leaving the password blank for your key, otherwise you have to enter it every time.
- Copy your public ssh key (from PuTTYgen) and add it to your ssh keys on Patch-Tag.
- Run Pageant and add your previously generated key (the previous link describes this as well).
- (Optional): Pat yourself on back and take a beverage break.*
- You are now setup to push and pull repositories with Darcs and Patch-Tag.
(adapted from HOWTO: Setup Windows for use with darcs2 and Patch-Tag
* Chilled vanilla soy milk with whole mint leaves & tsp honey in a tall glass is recommended.